pub-260179357044294

Two men in court as four arrested amid major police probe into gang feud in Edinburgh | UK News

Two men have appeared in court amid a major police investigation into a feud between crime gangs in Edinburgh.

Four people were arrested on Wednesday after Police Scotland executed warrants at five properties.

The force said a number of items relevant to the investigation were seized during the raids, including a stolen Range Rover.

Marcus Laidley-Sobers, 28, was arrested and charged in connection with alleged threatening or abusive behaviour following an incident on 20 March.

Nicky Robertson, 38, was arrested and charged in connection with the alleged reset of a stolen motor vehicle.

Both men appeared before Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Thursday, where they made no plea to the charges.

The pair, of Edinburgh, were granted bail ahead of their next court appearance.

A 34-year-old woman was arrested in connection with a stolen vehicle but has since been released pending further enquiries.

A 16-year-old boy was arrested for the alleged reset of a stolen vehicle, various road traffic offences, and being in possession of an offensive weapon for incidents that reportedly occurred on 7 March.

Police Scotland said the teenager had been reported to the procurator fiscal.

Around 2,400 hours of CCTV footage is being examined and officers on patrol have delivered 500 leaflets in the community to reassure concerned members of the public.

Read more from Sky News:
Drug dealer admits killing boy in cannabis gummies lab explosion
Boy who tried to stab girl to death with sword detained for 11 years

Police said the discharge of firearms and a number of attacks on homes and businesses using fire in the north and east of the city were among the incidents under investigation.

Detective Superintendent Paul Grainger said: “It is imperative that we trace whoever is responsible for these reckless acts as soon as possible.

“I want to reassure the community that we have a team of detectives working on this investigation and our action demonstrates our commitment to tackling this type of crime.

“This operation is a result of extensive investigatory work over a number of weeks and we will continue to utilise detectives and specialists from across Police Scotland as this continues.

“Disruption is just one area of our work and we will continue to use every tactic at our disposal to relentlessly pursue individuals who engage in violence within this city.

“If you have any information that can assist our investigation, please get in touch.”

#men #court #arrested #major #police #probe #gang #feud #Edinburgh #News

Optimized by Optimole
Optimized by Optimole