WAR is “almost inevitable” if a nuclear deal between Iran and the US cannot be reached, France’s foreign minister says.
The statement comes as Donald Trump is massing a menacing strike force inside Iran’s nearby Persian Gulf.
The Sun understands that the US and Israel are planning a major coordinated strike against the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s country.
And French minister Jean-Noel Barrot emphasised the scary brink of war that the US and Iran appear to be on now.
He said dramatically in parliament on Wednesday: “In the event of failure, a military confrontation would appear to be almost inevitable.”
The minister added that it would severely destabilise the region, and that the “window of opportunity” for diplomacy was narrow with Tehran .
French President Emmanuel Macron also chaired a meeting on Iran earlier on the same day.
Barrot also said: “Our confidence and our conviction remain intact.
“Iran must never acquire nuclear weapons.”
“Our priority is to reach an agreement that verifiably and durably constrains the Iranian nuclear programme.”
The US and Israel are also planning the attack to get revenge for Tehran and its proxies’ attacks on Israel that has left the Middle East in chaos over the last 18 months.
European powers are hoping for a diplomatic deal to be done, which will limit Iran’s uranium enrichment activity.
The White House is considering indirect talks with Iran on the deal, while at the same time giving a major boost to its military forces.
This will give Trump a loaded gun if he needs it.
The US Navy is doubling the number of carriers in the region in preparation, even moving the aircraft carrier that dumped Osama Bin Laden’s body – the USS Carl Vinson – to the area.
Already its pal the USS Harry S. Truman – which has been crucial in hammering Iran’s Houthi terror allies with bombs – is there.
Analysts believe the Carl Vinson is currently in the South China Sea and could be in the Persian Gulf as quickly as April 9.
America now also has a third of its B-2 stealth bombers stationed at Diego Garcia.
Satellite photos of the airbase tarmac shows six of America’s 20 B-2 Spirits are now pointed directly at Iran and ready to fly.
The heavy stealth bombers could be carrying bombs big enough to penetrate thick defences at nuclear sites deep underground and wipe them out.
Six Stratotanker in-flight refuelling aircraft can also be seen on the tarmac at the Diego Garcia in fresh satellite images taken today.
These planes would refill the B-2 Spirits and ensure they are able to fly to Iran, deliver the payload, and fly the 2,500miles back to the base.
Tehran, in return, has warned it will blitz a US base with a top Iranian general threatening “they are in a glass house and should not throw stones”.
Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei vowed on Monday: “The Zionist entity and the Americans will suffer a severe and powerful blow if they take any hostile action.”
The US could even send a third aircraft carrier to the region as well, with reports of the USS Gerald Ford being sent to the Middle Easy over summer.
Trump has told Iran that it needs to cut a new nuclear deal or he will carry out nuclear action.
Some White House officials think a deal is possible, while others think dialogue is a waste of time, Axios reports.
Trump has said he would prefer a deal, but has threatened war if Iran doesn’t cut one within the two-month deadline.
He told NBC on Sunday: “There will be bombs like they’ve never seen before.”
Trump also vowed that he would continue to bomb the Houthis until they are no longer a threat to shipping.
He wants direct talks between top teams, but the Iranians have only agreed to talks mediated by Oman.
He said on Tuesday: “The choice for the Houthis is clear: Stop shooting at US ships, and we will stop shooting at you.
“Otherwise, we have only just begun, and the real pain is yet to come, for both the Houthis and their sponsors in Iran.”
Trump added that the Houthis had been “decimated” by “relentless” strikes since March 15, saying that US forces “hit them every day and night — Harder and harder.”
Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell said the US is “prepared to respond to any state or non-state actor seeking to broaden or escalate conflict in the region”.
The USS Carl Vinson was engaged in a heart-stopping moment just days ago when a Russian plane tried to intimidate it.
Moscow’s Ilyushin Il-38N flew at low altitude just feet away as the aircraft carrier participated in naval exercises between the US, Japan, and South Korea in the East China Sea.
Trump withdrew the US from a 2015 deal between Iran and world powers that placed strict limits on Tehran’s nuclear activities in exchange for sanctions relief.
Trump then re-imposed sweeping US sanctions on Iran and has crippled its economy, leading to protests and the regime almost being toppled.
Since then, Iran has far surpassed that deal’s limits on uranium enrichment, producing stocks at a high level of fissile purity, well above what Western powers say is justifiable for a civilian energy programme and close to that required for nuclear warheads.
Iran denies seeking a nuclear weapon.
Iran’s accelerates nuclear development
Exclusive by Katie Davis, Chief Foreign Reporter (Digital)
IRAN is believed to have accelerated its nuclear weapons development and is building terrifying nuclear warheads for solid-fuel missiles with a range exceeding 1,800 miles (3,000km).
A powerful blast from Iran could impact on several continents due to the chilling capability of the warheads.
Italy, Ukraine, Sudan, India and even large swaths of Russia would all potentially be in the firing line.
They are being developed at two sites in Shahrud and Semnan, which were previously pinned as rocket or space satellite launch sites.
A third site, Sorkheh Hesar, is also said to be carrying out projects, including research on nuclear power and underground explosions.
Nukes are being quickly created under the watchful eye of the regime’s nuclear weaponization entity, the Organization for Advanced Defense Research (SPND).
Bosses are developing nuclear warheads for the solid-fuel Ghaem-100 missiles, which are equipped with mobile launch platforms at the Shahrud site.
Iran’s rocket designers have used North Korea’s missiles as a guide to develop the Ghaem-100 missile.
When the missile was in a very early testing stage in 2011, dozens of missile experts were killed at the Modarres site in Tehran.
Personnel vehicles are banned from entering the Shahrud site and are forced to park at a checkpoint before people are transported in.
Meanwhile, they are using the liquid fuel missile Simorgh to develop nuclear warheads in Semnan.
Iran has staged three successful Ghaem-100 missile launches over the past two years, enhancing the regime’s capability to deploy nuclear weapons.
#Iran #war #INEVITABLE #France #warns #Trump #masses #huge #strike #force #Americas #stealth #bombers
Leave a Reply